little something.

Sunday, July 5

they say its your birthday....

We celebrated my 24th birthday on the 4th of July (take that, Independence Day!) First we flitted about our neighbors pool, which had a shallow baby pool for Clyde-hooray! We doused each other with sunscreen and yet still managed a red patch or two of burnt skin. Then we headed off to the in-laws for some lemon cake, care of Grandpa Ray and the best tortilla soup I've had to date from Granny Debbie. Finally, I had been anything but patient, we got to the goods: gift opening!! Clyde didn't get any beauty rest because swam for hours and hours. Not the best idea for a toddler, by the way. Missing a nap is like missing a freaking meal. Or missing a key basketball player (to use a sports analogy like Sarah Palin). Bottom line: sleep baby, sleep. It was a curse on the whole weekend to have a sun-kissed, whiney guy. And I am NOT talking about Andrew. *wink

(but back to the most important aspect of birthday celebrations, gift opening)

My first parcel was from Ike! He, (and I suspect my madre) sent me these awesome pearls:



Mom also sent me a wonderful vintage yellow, pyrex mixing bowl (and no, you may NOT borrow it):



Andrew bought me a mucho needed GPS unit, which will make it easier to get around this blasted Queen City (more like Princess Confusing city, if you ask me, which you SHOULD):



Ray and Debbie gave me some birthday ca-ching and two astrology books:




Andrew also got me the holy grail of craft books. oh martha, bless your soul:



Dads present was pretty righteous. Fireworks, squeezy fish for clyde and some handmade jewelry accompanied by a lonesome mermaid with her shell. HOW PRECIOUS. My aunty-roo sent me some fun, bright t-shirts and some candy (no wonder I have cavities), but I promise I will share. ....with myself. Ok, Clyde can have some, too. If he's good. Which he's not.

THANKS, MY PEOPLE.
Congdon OUT

4 comments:

Kari and Jonathan said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Sounds like you've got the official hook-up.

Mom said...

You were the cutest little red headed baby! Plump as well-delightful.

Chaney Wiese said...

Happy Birthday, I would have to agree with your mom, you were pretty cute as a little girl (I didn't know you as a baby), and you Clyde is absolutely adorable.!

Kendra said...

Sorry this is a little late, but Happy Birthday!!! I've always been terrible with birthdays. Don't take it personally, I would forget my own birthday if it weren't for Devon reminding me. I miss you. We need to talk soon and do some catching up!